Check this page regularly for running changes based on the evolving circumstances. Given the fluidity of events, we're monitoring the situation carefully and will update policies, procedures and scheduling here as needed. Thank you for your understanding during these unusual circumstances while we work to keep the best interests of our members, our employees, and the community at large in mind. Our aim is to offer the widest array of services as is possible while following best practices for slowing the spread of COVID-19.
The Glenmore Store - Let us save you a trip to the store. We're able to use our restaurant supply contacts to offer household basics and pantry staples. Order here by 5pm on Sunday for pickup or delivery the following Tuesday from 3-7pm.
Hours - We are planning to maintain regular hours at the Club. That said, all non-essential personnel are working from home--please don't drop by the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse. Instead contact the staff member you wish to see via email and we'll do our best to accommodate appointment requests. When in the Clubhouse, only one person at a time in the elevator please, excepting members of the same family.
Social Events - Previously scheduled events (Bridge, Tuesday Buffet, Pasta Night, Trivia Night, Member's Social, etc.) are all on hold until further notice.
Indoor dining is allowed at 50% of capacity. Reservations recommended, call 434-817-0507. Hours: 11:30-9pm Fri-Sat, 10:30-8pm Sun, 11:30-8:30 Tue-Thu. Accompanied guests welcome. Note that those closing times are when the last order has to be in, not when the dining room closes, and Tue Buffets are still on hold.
The 19th Hole is also open at 50% capacity. Hours are Tue-Sat 11-7pm, Sun 10:30-5pm.
Patio - We’ve enjoyed patio dining and will consider ongoing use. In the meantime we have some brick repair work to attend to which was started then quickly abandoned when outdoor dining was allowed.
Check - If the check needs splitting please let your server know when you sit down. We will not present checks when dining. Review your bill online and let us know if anything doesn’t look 100% correct. If you wish to leave extra gratuity let your server know.
Congregation - This is the biggest no-no. Even if you are "quaranteaming" with your neighbors and have expanded your family to include everyone in your cul de sac, at the club please swap hugging and high fives for waves and social distancing. Whatever your personal beliefs, our staying open depends on us complying with the new safety regulations. Cavalier behavior risks our health department permit so we cannot tolerate it. The only thing we want less than to have to chat with a member about this is to have to talk to a sheriff or health inspector. So please – have fun, but keep it physically distant and respectful.
Full Lunch & Dinner Menus are Available for Delivery & To-Go - We're offering the full lunch and dinner menus for delivery for members who live within Glenmore and Rivanna Village. A 20% gratuity will be added to orders to offset the staff's loss of income. The lunch (and pizza) menu will be available 11:30am-5:30pm. The dinner (and pizza) menu will be available 5:30-8:30pm. Order here or call 817-0507 to order. For to-go, let us know the make/model/color of the car you'll be in (or call the Grill when you arrive) and we'll run your order out to the car for you.
In lieu of our regular weekly specials we're offering a choice of two special "family-style" entrees each week, either sized to serve four or six. This week it's Slow Cooked Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy ($35/45), or Salmon and Shrimp Scampi over Linguini ($45/55). Salads and desserts sized to match are available a la carte. Please call the Grill to order (817-0507) and allow at least 30-45 minutes of lead time.
- To encourage social distancing, we have suspended the two-per-cart rule for both private and rental carts. We’ll make every effort to have one rider per cart, though it might not always be possible during peak times, depending on rental cart usage. Walking is encouraged.
- Our cart cleaning process has been enhanced by wipe downs with a sterilizing solution. We're removing coolers to prevent multiple touches. Sand bottles will remain on carts and we'll sterilize them after every round.
- We're removing all rakes from the course to prevent multiple touches. A new local rule applies to bunkers: you can lift and place your ball near where it has come to rest.
- Leaving the flag in the hole when putting is now mandatory.
- If you'd feel more comfortable signing in by phone rather than in person call the pro shop at 817-0502 to do so--or just wave at us from outside the windows.
- Golf lessons are available, with certain restrictions - more info here.
- Please note the golf course is open to golfers only--biking, walking, exercising, etc. are not allowed.
Adult and family pool are open, reservations required.
Recreational swimming is not permitted & the Toddler Pool remains closed by VA - these restrictions end Wed 7/1.
Only family members are allowed as guests at the pool for the time being.
In addition to exercise swimming, water aerobics and swimming instruction/lessons are now permitted. Lounging, reading and sunbathing are permitted. Lounging IN the pool itself is NOT permitted. State social distancing requirements are different for pool decks than they are elsewhere: "seating may be provided on pool decks with at least ten feet of spacing between persons who are not members of the same household." We've removed furniture to comply, and we encourage members to contact their elected representatives if you have thoughts on the recreational swimming ban. Other notes as we expand pool operations:
- Family and adult pools are available in 1:45 minute time slots from 7am until 7pm daily. Call 434-817-0534 to reserve a slot.
- The adult pool must be accessed through the family pool. The adult pool gates will be locked.
- Pool noodles, rafts, floats, etc. are not be permitted at this time.
The Fitness Center is open with 30% capacity max. We've moved equipment around around--including moving some to the second floor--to maximize capacity while keeping stations 10+ feet apart. Our initial limit is lower than required: 6 members downstairs, 3 upstairs. Equipment not easily disinfected has been removed. Open 24/7 with key card access.
- Reservations will not be required for this weekend, then we'll reevaluate if needed. No guests allowed at this time.
- Max usage 60 minutes per person.
- Bring your own towels and water.
- State guidelines do NOT require masks while exercising in the fitness center or participating in classes. Please stay 10+ feet apart.
- Equipment has been professionally treated with EPA approved Virex antimicrobial protectant. This is long lasting treatment which does not damage circuit boards the way alcohol or peroxide based sanitizers can. Use whatever sanitizer you wish on your hands, but stick to the provided gentler solution for the equipment. Free weights were not treated so anything can be used there.
- Making Reservations – If you’d like to reserve a court, please call the Tennis and Fitness Center at 817-0539. If you’d like a weekly reservation and have not let me know, please email me directly.
- Court Reservations Sheets – We’ll continue to post the daily reservation sheets on the porch at the Tennis and Fitness Center.
- Drop In Play – Given we will not have any organized activities in the coming weeks, we’ll have plenty of flexibility for drop in play. Please check the court sheets before you pick a court.
Pickleball - We're open for Pickleball, with the following limitations:
- Singles play - Each member must supply their own balls for serving, and follow the ball usage procedures outlined below.
- Singles and doubles - Because of the smaller court, doubles teams must be comprised of members of the same household. In other words, same side of the net = same household to comply with social distancing.
- Household vs. household doubles - Each household must use their own balls for serving, and follow the ball usage procedures outlined below.
- All other forms of play are suspended due to social distancing concerns.
- Each player is required to bring their own can of balls. Tennis balls and cans need to be marked by their respective owners. Players can also use different numbered tennis balls to distinguish one from another.
- When serving, each player uses only their own balls to serve, with the balls of other players kept in their respective cans.
- During play, the only person allowed to touch any of the balls is the server whose balls are in play. If a player other than the server wishes to retrieve a ball, that player is prohibited from touching the ball with their hands; they can only pick up the ball using their racquet and shoe, and they must return the ball to the server using only their racquet, taking care not to touch the ball with their hands. This rule is no different for those wearing gloves.
- At the conclusion of play, be sure balls are returned to their proper cans.
- Members in same household playing alone may continue to share equipment, tennis balls, etc.
These guidelines are in effect until further notice and must be followed if we are to continue to offer racquets programming and activities at the Club. Failure to comply will result in suspension of facility privilege. Also note use of the ball machine is on hold for the time being, and water is not available at the facility. Please bring your own water.
Tennis Instruction -
- Private instruction will continued to be offered for groups of one to four persons with Mark and Colin.
- Serving instruction will no longer be offered.
- Programming options and costs are not yet finalized as we're still working out the details.
Tennis Repair and Restringing - We've adjusted the usual procedure as follows:
- Let Colin or Mark know in advance if you would like to have your racquet(s) restrung/regripped/repaired.
- We’ll advise on the time and location to leave the racquet(s).
- Allow 3-5 days for us to complete the requested work while safely handling equipment: receive, disinfect, maintenance/repair, disinfect, return.
- Following completion, we’ll advise on pickup time and location.
Full Emailed Updates -
Here are the full email updates since COVID-19 necessitated changes began: