Check this page regularly for running changes based on the evolving circumstances. Given the fluidity of events, we're monitoring the situation carefully and will update policies, procedures and scheduling here as needed. Thank you for your understanding during these unusual circumstances while we work to keep the best interests of our members, our employees, and the community at large in mind. Our aim is to offer the widest array of services as is possible while following best practices for slowing the spread of COVID-19.
A GoFundMe campaign organized by members and benefiting our restaurant staff has doubled its original goal, with nearly 50% of members contributing! Sincere thanks for the thoughtful generosity. It means a ton to staff.
Hours - We are planning to maintain regular hours at the Club. That said, all non-essential personnel are working from home--please don't drop by the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse. Instead contact the staff member you wish to see via email and we'll do our best to accommodate appointment requests. When in the Clubhouse, only one person at a time in the elevator please, excepting members of the same family.
Social Events - Previously scheduled events (Bridge, Tuesday Buffet, Pasta Night, Trivia Night, Member's Social, etc.) are all on hold until further notice.
- As per Governor Northam's 3/23 order, ALL food service at the Club is now takeout and delivery ONLY.
- The 19th Hole is closed for the time being.
- Delivery - We're offering the full lunch and dinner menus for delivery for members who live within Glenmore and Rivanna Village. A 20% gratuity will be added to orders to offset the staff's loss of income. The lunch (and pizza) menu will be available 11:30am-5:30pm. The dinner (and pizza) menu will be available 5:30-8:30pm. Order here.
- To-Go - The full menus are available to-go whenever the Grill is open, call 817-0507 to order. Let us know the make/model/color of the car you'll be in (or call the Grill when you arrive) and we'll run your order out to the car for you.
- In lieu of our regular weekly specials we're offering a choice of two special "family-style" entrees each week, either sized to serve four ($30) or six ($45). This week it's Three Cheese Meat Lasagna with Garlic Bread or Pulled Pork Barbecue with Creamy Mac and Cheese and Coleslaw. Salads and desserts sized to match are available a la carte. Please call the Grill to order (817-0507) and allow at least 30-45 minutes of lead time.
- Easter - Order Easter to-go by noon on Thursday 4/9. Menu and order here.
- NOTE: Aeration is scheduled for 3/30 through 4/1. We aim to maintain 9 open throughout.
- To encourage social distancing, we have suspended the two-per-cart rule for both private and rental carts. We’ll make every effort to have one rider per cart, though it might not always be possible during peak times, depending on rental cart usage. Walking is encouraged.
- Our cart cleaning process has been enhanced by wipe downs with a sterilizing solution. We're removing coolers to prevent multiple touches. Sand bottles will remain on carts and we'll sterilize them after every round.
- We're removing all rakes from the course to prevent multiple touches. A new local rule applies to bunkers: you can lift and place your ball near where it has come to rest.
- Leaving the flag in the hole when putting is now mandatory.
- If you'd feel more comfortable signing in by phone rather than in person call the pro shop at 817-0502 to do so--or just wave at us from outside the windows.
Fitness - The Fitness Center is now closed, per the Governor's 3/23 order. Classes have moved outside, revised schedule here. Also note all classes are complimentary, with a maximum participation of 8 people as per the Governor's latest guidance.
NOTE: Clay courts nets are being hung Wed 4/1.
- Making Reservations – If you’d like to reserve a court, please call the Tennis and Fitness Center at 817-0539. If you’d like a weekly reservation and have not let me know, please email me directly.
- Court Reservations Sheets – We’ll continue to post the daily reservation sheets on the porch at the Tennis and Fitness Center.
- Drop In Play – Given we will not have any organized activities in the coming weeks, we’ll have plenty of flexibility for drop in play. Please check the court sheets before you pick a court.
Platform - Thanks for a great season. We stretched it out a couple of extra weeks after the traditional March 1st closing, but with warm weather here and the need for more distance between players platform courts are now closed.
Pickleball - We're open for Pickleball, with the following limitations:
- Singles play - Each member must supply their own balls for serving, and follow the ball usage procedures outlined below.
- Singles and doubles - Because of the smaller court, doubles teams must be comprised of members of the same household. In other words, same side of the net = same household to comply with social distancing.
- Household vs. household doubles - Each household must use their own balls for serving, and follow the ball usage procedures outlined below.
- All other forms of play are suspended due to social distancing concerns.
Tennis - Social singles and doubles play continues under the following guidelines. These guidelines must be followed whether or not you are wearing gloves.
- Each player is required to bring their own can of balls. Tennis balls and cans need to be marked by their respective owners. Players can also use different numbered tennis balls to distinguish one from another.
- When serving, each player uses only their own balls to serve, with the balls of other players kept in their respective cans.
- During play, the only person allowed to touch any of the balls is the server whose balls are in play. If a player other than the server wishes to retrieve a ball, that player is prohibited from touching the ball with their hands; they can only pick up the ball using their racquet and shoe, and they must return the ball to the server using only their racquet, taking care not to touch the ball with their hands. This rule is no different for those wearing gloves.
- At the conclusion of play, be sure balls are returned to their proper cans.
- Members in same household playing alone may continue to share equipment, tennis balls, etc.
These guidelines are in effect until further notice and must be followed if we are to continue to offer racquets programming and activities at the Club. Failure to comply will result in suspension of facility privilege. Also note use of the ball machine is on hold for the time being, and water is not available at the facility. Please bring your own water.
Tennis Instruction -
- Private instruction will continued to be offered for groups of one to four persons with Mark and Colin.
- Serving instruction will no longer be offered.
- Programming options and costs are not yet finalized as we're still working out the details.
Full Emailed Updates -
Here are the full email updates since COVID-19 necessitated changes began: